While Amazon Prime Day hasn't arrived just yet, here are some early deals you can get right now that may interest makers and DIYers:
- Ring Doorbell bundle with Amazon Echo Show 5 — $100 off. We can't wait to see how our makers will customize this new offering from Amazon. Echo Robots? Robot Echo Furbies!?
- Insignia 32-inch Smart Fire TV — $99 (was $179). It's a TV at a great price! We had to share it. It's a great time to upgrade. They're also offering an early deal on a Toshiba 55-inch 4K UHD TV for $349 if you're looking for something bigger. Both TVs are Fire TV-ready.
- Refurbished Blink Outdoor - 2 camera kit — $94.99 (was $159). With 1080 HD video, motion detection, and night vision, this would be a great camera at a great price for your next DIY security camera.
- Anycubic Mega-S 3D Printer —$179.99 (was $279.99) Anycubic is offering a deal on their Mega-S 3D Printer for $100 off. Check out our review of the Anycubic Mega-X to see our opinions on the brand!
- Echo Frames - $99 (was $249) Make calls, listen to podcasts or Audible books, set reminders, add to your to-do lists, get the news, or control your smart home. It's such a great discount, we had to include them.
- Neato D10 Robot Vacuum Cleaner — $499.99 (was $799.99). This might be the best early deal we've found yet. Don't wait on this heavily discounted, highly rated robot vacuum!
In addition, you can get other Amazon smart devices, Amazon brand clothing, home essentials and more for with early access deals right now.
This year, Amazon is giving the consumer a chance to earn a $10 credit that they can use on Prime Day. It's a nice attempt at trying to get consumers to make purchases from specific sellers and use Prime services.
Each Prime member receives a Prime Stampcard which can be filled by completing four tasks:
By being a Prime member, you also can earn some fantastic credits to use on Prime Day! Here's a list of what you could earn this year:
- Earn $5 Prime Day credit when you buy a movie ticket or Lightyear merch for Disney and Pixar's new movie, Lightyear (earn $10 if you do both).
- Get $20 Prime Day credit when you spend $75 on Procter & Gamble essentials.
- Earn $2 Amazon credit for just browsing through Affirm's Amazon page.
- Earn $25 Amazon credit if you check out with Affirm on your Prime Day order over $100.
- Earn $5 Prime Day credit if you purchase a movie ticket to Elvis.
While in previous years, Amazon offered Prime Day credits for purchasing select items from small businesses, for Prime Day 2022, they're hosting a sweepstake.
Shop from eligible small businesses using the Small Business Badge and earn one entry for each dollar spent (up to $1500).
- Trip for two to Super Bowl LVII in Glendale, Arizona.
- Trip for two to Los Angeles for a $2k shopping spree at the Amazon Style Store.
- Trip for two to the NYC screening of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.
- VIP passes to music festivals in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
Obviously, if you were considering buying any high-priced items like TVs, electronics, 3D printers, computers, laptops, etc, then this Prime Day might be the best time to finally make the purchase. But here are a few tips and tricks of which you might not have thought:
Think small. Okay, sure. There are going to be lots of people buying big-ticket items like TVs and computers. But keep your eye out for the small things you need and use every day—maybe even the things you need for DIY projects. Amazon's even offering an early deal of 50% off Smart Home products. We're going to be following the prices for the AmazonBasics 3D printer filament, jumper wires, and soldering irons. What small things would be good for you to stock up on this year?
Do your holiday shopping early. Every year, we wish we were able to get our holiday shopping done early, so we didn't have to deal with the madness of last-minute shopping. ACTUALLY do it this year! Make a quick list of the people for whom you need to shop. Then, follow the Amazon Prime Day page for the latest deals and follow Howchoo's updates on Facebook and Twitter for deals on 3D printing goods, Raspberry Pi things, and other maker-related items.
Support local businesses when possible. We want to remind you that it's okay to miss out on the unbelievable deal on a hammer if it means buying that hammer from a local, small hardware store. Amazon, itself, is trying to support small businesses by offering a sweepstake to consumers who support the local businesses that sell on Amazon (see above). Many don't, however. So go check out the great deals your neighbors are offering too!
We're stocking up on sleep now, so we can stay awake to constantly bring you the latest maker-related deals.
Look for us to highlight the best deals in:
- Raspberry Pi
- 3D printing
- Robots and robot vacuums
- As well as other awesome DIY and maker stuff
Amazon Prime Day Completed This year's Amazon Prime Day sale has ended. We hope our curated selections helped you find something special.