If you don't have Developer Options enabled, you can turn it on under Settings.
- Open Settings, and go to System.
- Scroll down until you find About Phone, and select it.
- Scroll down again until you find Build.
- Tap the word Build 7 times.
- Go back to the previous screen, and select Developer Options.
- Toggle the button at the top to enable Developer Options
The setting we need to enable is in the Developer Options menu.
- Open the Developer Options menu.
- Locate and Select Feature Flags.
This screen will load a list of variables that can be enabled and disabled.
- Look for "settings_screenrecord_long_press".
- Enable the setting with the toggle button to the right.
Screen recording is handled through the power menu.
- Press and hold the power button.
- Tap and hold Screenshot on the menu that pops up.
- Choose Start Recording to begin recording your screen.
If you're unable to use the method above, you can always look for an app in the Google Play store to get started. Here are a few highly rated screen recording apps to aid your search.
- AZ Screen Recorder - No Root - This is a free app designed for recording your screen, taking screenshots, and editing videos. It has a few additional media features worth looking into. Expect in-app purchases.
- Screen Recorder - No Ads - This is a an add-free screen recorder. Don't expect any additional features, its main purpose is recording screens.
- Screen Recorder - This app is a free screen recording app with a few editing features thrown into the mix.
- Screen Recorder & Music, Video Editor, Record Free - This app allows you to record your screen watermark-free and export the videos in 1080p or 720p.