Your phone number can be changed using the official Sprint website. Access the website and log in to your Sprint account.
There are a few conditions you should be aware of before changing your phone number with Sprint.
- You will receive a random number. You cannot choose a custom one.
- The new phone number can't be changed more than 3 times within a 30 day period.
- You will be unable to use your previous number.
- Your voicemail will be reset and all of the previous messages lost.
- Previously blocked numbers will need to be blocked again.
Sprint provides a self-service tool so you can change the phone number yourself. Visit the number change support page to initiate the request.
The area code can be changed separately on your Sprint phone.
- Log in to your Sprint account.
- Go to My Preferences.
- Open the Things I can manage online drop-down menu and choose Change Phone Number.
- Select the option that says I need a different area code for this phone.
- Enter the desired zip code to see a list of available area codes.
- Select the area code you want to use and save the changes.
The new area code should update on your phone over the network. If you have any issues, contact Sprint for support.