NEXT GENERATION AG RACING IS HERE! Redout is a tribute to the classic racing monsters. It is designed to be an uncompromising, fast, tough and satisfying driving experience, soaked in that vertigo that stands at the core of the arcade racing genre.
Redout is the fastest game ever made. If you can handle it. It's not about the numbers you see on screen, it's about the vibrations, the landscape and buildings flying by, the high-speed collisions, the effects, the sounds, the immersion: everything is meant to feel like you're going FAST.
Watch the video:
Control is the most important feeling when you are racing at 800km/h. Redout features believable physics derived from quad-copters controllers and real magnetic forces. We came up with the next generation in AG handling. There's always a way to face a corner without braking, but you have to prepare for it and use everything you've got. Steer, strafe and turbo out of a corner are the basics: upgrades and powerups will grant you even more control on your ship's behaviour. You'll need to dominate your ship before you face the advanced tracks.
Redout was one of the best racing games of 2016, and the Enhanced Edition absolutely made it pop for modern players, but it’s definitely been supplanted by other newer racing games since. Which makes it the perfect time for the sequel of this awesome game to arrive!
Redout 2 will build on the awesome experience of the original with a huge array of customization options that will go beyond the cosmetics to impact your actual gameplay experience.
The next entry in the acclaimed anti-gravity racing series will launch on May 26, 2022 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store. Strafe, tilt, and boost your customizable hovership through dozens of mind-bending, jaw-dropping courses in a variety of game modes, including an expansive single-player campaign plus competitive online multiplayer for up to 12 players on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox, and up to six players on Nintendo Switch.
Watch the video:
- Speed & Control: With blazing-fast speeds of over 1,000 km/h and an intuitive driving system, Redout 2 is a blast to pick up and play, but truly rewarding for any who can master its super-high skill ceiling.
- Extensive Career Mode: Fly through hundreds of events across 36 unique racetracks – all of which are reversible! From Arena Races and Time Attacks to Last Man Standing and intense Boss Races, dart past the competition and dominate the finish line.
- Competitive Multiplayer: Take on rivals in intense online multiplayer. Dive into fresh challenges with regularly added custom content and seasons featuring bonus rewards.
- Comprehensive Customization: Choose from 12 distinct chassis and fully customize your hovership with an incredible selection of propulsors, stabilizers, rudders, intercoolers, flaps, magnets, wings, spoilers, rocket engines, paints and more!
- Experience a futuristic soundtrack from leading electronic artists like the legendary Giorgio Moroder and acclaimed talents such as Zardonic and Dance with the Dead, with music seamlessly and dynamically mixed based on real-time race data.
- Create and share your best high-speed moments with Redout 2’s Photo Mode.
The Epic Games Store has been around for a while, the lesser-known alternative to Steam, the nearly-ubiquitous platform for game purchases since it launched in 2003. But, where Steam originally existed and launched to promote Valve games, Epic Games Store launched in 2018 and quickly rose to success on the Fortnite franchise. At the time of Epic’s launch, Steam took a dramatic 30% cut from the sales of video games through their platform! This hurt both game designers and users, and just wasn’t very nice. But the folks behind Epic realized something excellent: they could take a much lower cut and still have a profitable business. This led them to fast domination of the indie market, as small publishers flocked to the far better terms offered by Epic.
Epic Games Store offers some seriously incredible discounts on a regular basis, in addition to all the normal discounts one would expect on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and the usual holidays. But the most exciting is their weekly free game or add-on, which simply harpoons all competitors.
When I first heard about this free game, I thought that can’t be real. They must only offer tiny indie games. Not at all, dear reader. Not. At. All. Epic frequently lists unbelievable A-lister games on their weekly deal, as well as sometimes offer two free games instead of one. In addition, just because a studio is smaller doesn’t mean the games it makes aren’t impressive. I’ve picked up some of my favorite new games, for free, from this platform, and most of them have been made by smaller studios (or as side-projects for teams from big studios).