Download the Google Docs app
You'll need to have the Google Doc app downloaded onto your mobile device. It's available on both iPhone and Android devices.
Create a Google Doc
- Find and open your Google Doc app on your phone.
- Click on the + symbol at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Choose New document for a blank Google Doc or Choose template for a pre-made format.
- Name your new document and select Create.
You'll now be able to edit and write into your new Google Doc document.
To create a Google Doc on your computer:
- Go to https://docs.google.com to open up Google Docs.
- Sign in or create an account if you don't have a Google account.
- Select Blank or choose a template.
- Start working on your new Google Docs document and be sure to change the file name in the upper-left corner.