- Right click the file or folder you want to download.
- In the menu, shown in the image above, click “Download” and Google will begin the process.
If you’re downloading a folder or more than one item, Google Drive will convert it into a .zip file. We’ll deal with this in a bit.
A save window will pop up for you to choose where to save your file temporarily on your computer.
If you only downloaded one item, then you can skip this step! You will need a program like WinZip in order to complete this step.
To extract a file:
- Navigate to where you saved the file.
- Either double click it to open or right click and select “Extract Here” from the menu.
- Decide where you want to extract the file and unzip it to there. Preferably somewhere you can find it later.
Now comes the final and most important step. Go to the Google Drive account you want to upload the file or folder to.
- As shown above, click the New button on the top left of the Drive.
- In the menu, select “File Upload” or “Folder Upload”, depending on the type you’re uploading.
- In the window that appears, navigate to the file you want to upload and click “Upload”.
As you can see in the image above, a progress window appears in Google Drive. Depending on the size of the file or folder, this can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes.
Once the upload is complete, you’ve successfully transferred files between two Google Drive accounts!