You can add hundreds of artboards to your project. I can't say that I recommend it, but I trust you know your limits. Creating a new Artboard is easy.
Drag and drop method
- Select the Artboard Tool tool from the left tool tray.
- Drag and drop the cursor across the workspace to create a new artboard.
- Double click the Artboard Tool tool from the left tool tray.
- Use the pop-up menu to set the height and width of your new artboard.
Artboards can be resized with the Artboard Tool.
- Choose the Artboard Tool from the tool tray on the left.
- Select the artboard you want to resize by left-clicking on it.
- Click on a corner and drag it to resize the artboard.
The artboard color can't be changed, but you can adjust the background color in Illustrator while using the Transparency Grid.
- Go to View > Show Transparency Grid.
- Under the File menu, choose Document Setup.
- Adjust the colors in the pop-up box.
- Save the changes.
Artboards can be easily selected and moved.
- Choose the Artboard Tool from the left tool tray.
- Left-click on the artboard you want to move.
- Drag and drop it to the desired location.
Artboards can be rotated by adjusting the artboard options.
- Navigate to Window > Artboards.
- Select the artboard you want to rotate in the pop-up.
- Open the drop-down menu in the upper right and choose Artboard Options.
- Rotate the artboard to a portrait or landscape by clicking the boxes next to Orientation.
If you found this guide useful, you may also appreciate our guide on how to crop an image in Illustrator.