You can easily click and drag an image to resize it in InDesign, if you don't need to make it a precise size.
- Select the image by clicking it.
- Click and drag any corner of the image frame to resize.
You may need to adjust the image in the frame again by using the Frame Fitting tool (see below). You can select to Auto-Fit to have it automatically resize as you adjust the size of the frame.
You might need to resize an image in InDesign using precise measurements for a particular project. Here's how.
- Select the image you want to resize
- In the Transform toolbar of the Properties screen (see below), select the point of reference using the tic-tac-toe like grid on the left. This affects how the image will resize (in which direction).
- From here, you can change the image's width, height, and X/Y coordinates.
If you need to change the units of measurement, we made a great guide for that!