Before beginning, you will want to make sure that your settings are set up so that you can access the screen recording button in the control center. If you have already noticed the screen recording button in the control center, you can skip over this step. To add the screen recording button to your personalized control center, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the home screen.
- Find the "settings" application and click on it.
- Navigate to the "control center."
- Select "more controls." If you have iOS 13 or earlier, it will have the "customize controls" options instead.
- Click the add button "+" next to "screen recording."
Now, you can begin screen recording effortlessly! If there is a remove button "-", that just means you already have that option in the control center.
First things first, unlock your iPhone! Once your iPhone is unlocked you can follow the steps below to become a screen recording pro:
Here, you have two options:
- You can start by going to your home screen if you are trying to go step-by-step and give someone instructions, like I am here, or...
- You can start at the screen your on. So, if you are in-game, you can stay put and start recording in-game.
This decision is really based on why you are screen recording and what will be better for the viewer.
Here is where things speed up. To screen record, we will be using the control center. Here's how:
- Open the control center.
If you have an iPhone 10 or later, you do this by swiping down from the upper right-hand corner of the iPhone, but if you have an iPhone 8 or earlier, you will be swiping up from the bottom of your iPhone screen.
To screen record, we will be using the screen recording button, but there are two options to screen record (with or without a microphone), so here's how to screen record without a microphone:
- With option one, you will click the screen recording button.
- A three-second timer will appear, giving you that time to get where you need to be and start recording.
If you want to be able to talk and record via your microphone (this is great for tutorials), then you will want to go about the screen recording process a little differently. Here's how:
- Press and hold the screen recording button for a few seconds.
- Click the microphone button that appears (by default this option is off).
You will know the mic is on because it will be red and say "Microphone On" below the button.
Once you have captured what you were hoping to, it's time to stop the screen recording process. Here's how to get it done:
- In the upper left-hand corner of your iPhone, you will see a red status bar. Click it.
- A dialogue box will pop up, and you can then click "stop" to end the screen recording.
The recording will be saved to your photo library. That's it! You've used the screen recording feature. Next: Learn about 30 amazing things you can do on your iPhone.
Recently, I've been playing a lot of Diablo Immortal on my iPhone, which means tiny dungeons and tiny gameplay. While I love mobile gaming, sometimes it can cause eye strain.