- Open the Facebook app.
- Select the three horizontal lines.
- Scroll down to Messenger Kids
- Select your child's account.
- Select 'Controls'
- Select 'Sleep Mode'
- Use the button to turn sleep mode on for weekdays or weekends.
- Select your ideal window of time to begin and end Sleep Mode.
- Open Facebook, and navigate to the 'Explore' section on the left.
- Select Messenger Kids.
- Select your child's name (on the left).
- Click the gear.
- Select Sleep Mode.
- Click the button to select 'During the Week' or 'On weekends'
- Set your start and stop times.
- Select 'Done'
Facebook's Messenger Kids is a free app that allows children to make video calls and send messages on smartphones and tablets, but with more control than just giving your child access to a phone.