First, click the Apple logo in the upper left-hand corner.
Select "System Preferences."
Click "Users & Groups."
Select the lock in the lower left-hand corner of the window.
Enter the password for your User Name. Your User Name is not the same as your Apple ID. This is the password you use to log in to your Mac.
Click the "+" to add a new user.
Choose a user type from the drop-down menu.
How to decide user type:
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the user type
- Select the user type you intend on using for this user:
- Administrator- has administrative abilities, allowing the user to have full-capabilities and access to the Mac and macOS.
- Standard- has basic, standard capabilities like saving, downloading an app, using said apps, etc.
- Sharing Only- can access shared files from other users, but has very little capabilities or access on the Mac.
I recommend selected either Administrator or Standard, if you are in doubt.
Create a User Name. This is usually just the first and last name of the user in question.
Next, create a password, then verify that password. You can also create a password hint, if you are prone to forgetting your password.
Once all the information has been entered, click "Create User."
Lastly, log out of the user you are currently signed in to and sign into your new user.