When you install the font on your computer, it should be available across applications like Word or Photoshop.
If you're unsure how to do this, we created a step-by-step guide on finding and installing a new font on a Mac and one on installing multiple fonts on a Mac. If the words you're typing aren't recognized as actual words, you may want to check out our guide on how to add a custom word to the Apple Dictionary.
- Open "Font Book" by searching for it in your finder.
- Click the "+" sign at the top of the window to add a new font.
- Find the font you want to install. (If you downloaded it recently, it will likely be in your downloads folder.)
- Double-click the .ttf file to install.
- Enjoy your new font in Word! (You may have to restart Microsoft Word for it to appear.)