- Turn on your PS4 and navigate to your Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of your Settings menu and press X on Initialization.
- Select Initialize PS4.
- Select either Quick or Full.
|Wipes data from the console's drive but doesn't wipe it completely. It can be recovered with special software.||Wipes the console's drive and prevents any potential recovery.|
- Select Yes, confirming your reset.
- A Full reset can take a few hours, depending on the size of your data, but once it's done, hold down the power button to turn off your console.
Boom! Now you know how to reset a PS4 to its factory settings.