- Choose "Unlock your device" on this AT&T page.
- Fill out and submit the unlock code request form.
- AT&T will send you an email to confirm your unlock code request.
- Within two business days, you should receive an email with your unlock code.
More information can be found on AT&T's website here.
Devices must meet requirements set by T-Mobile to be unlocked. Some of these requirements include:
- The device must not be reported stolen
- The account hosting the device must be in good standing
- The device is an officially recognized T-Mobile device
For a complete list of requirements, visit the T-Mobile website here.
If your device is compatible, contact T-Mobile to request an unlock code here.
Verizon is one of the most relaxed carriers on this list. Many of their devices are already unlocked. If your mobile device isn't, try using one of these default unlock codes:
If your device still won't unlock, contact Verizon support directly for a new code. Read more about their unlock policy here.
Only devices that qualify can be unlocked by Sprint. Some of these requirements include:
- The device must have been active for at least 50 days on the Sprint network
- The associated account must be in "good standing"
- The device has not been flagged as stolen or missing