Before you join a Zoom meeting, you have the opportunity to change your default name to anything you want. This name will only appear for the current meeting session.
Set your preferred name before joining the meeting.
Once you've joined a meeting, it's not too late to set a custom name. You can also change your nickname in a meeting if it's a meeting you've created— be sure to check out our guide on how to set up a Zoom meeting if you haven't made one before.
- At the top of the window, click Participants.
- Hover over your name in the meeting participants list.
- Go to More > Rename.
- Enter the new name and click OK.
You can also opt to change your Zoom name in a more permanent fashion by updating your profile name.
- Open a browser and go to
- Choose Profile from the left sidebar.
- Next to your username, select Edit.
- Enter your new preferred name and choose Save Changes.