If this is your first time setting up the Chromecast device, the Google Home app will walk you through the setup process automatically.
- Connect your Chromecast to the TV's HDMI port.
- Install and launch the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet (both Android and iPhone are compatible).
- While connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to use with your new Chromecast device, launch the Google Home app and follow the prompts to set up the new device.
If you've already connected your Chromecast to a WiFi network, you can change it from within the Google Home app.
- Launch Google Home on a mobile device.
- Select the Chromecast you want to modify.
- Open the settings menu by selecting the gear-shaped icon.
- Choose Forget next to the Wi-Fi network you want to remove.
- Configure the new Wi-Fi network connection.
If your Chromecast won't connect to the wireless network, you can always try factory resetting the device. This will wipe all of the current settings, but allow you to start over when connecting as if it’s a new device.
Visit our guide on how to factory reset a Chromecast to find the steps for your model.