French presses are great to add to your coffee-making arsenal for many reasons, especially if you like a long slow process to coffee making. French presses encourage slow brewing because you're not continuously adding hot water to your grounds. This yields a coffee that is mild with a deeper sweetness. Because the coffee needs to percolate with the water for a short period of time, French presses are ideal for weekends and brunches where you can sit back and enjoy watching the beans settle at the bottom of the press. For more information, check out our guide on making the best French Press coffee!
I recommend this Mueller French Press for your pressing coffee needs and here's why!
- Double-layered stainless steel is both easy to clean and durable. It'll also keep your coffee hotter longer than standard glass presses!
- Multilayer filtering system means fewer errant grounds in your coffee.
- It comes with a travel container that matches the press itself and can hold your fresh grounds or beans.
- 34 oz. carrying capacity which is perfect for serving others or just yourself, if you enjoy a more than standard amount of coffee in the morning.
Fun Coffee Fact! - Did you know that coffee dates back to 800 A.D.? According to the stories, goat herders noticed their goats acting crazy after eating the fruit of the Coffea plant. Thank you, goats!
A milk frother might just sound like the most extra coffee product on the market, but hear me out - adding frothed milk to your morning coffee can take a normal cup o' joe and elevate it to professional standards. A frother aerates the milk, transforming it from a viscous liquid to a thick and heavy foam that makes your coffee nice and creamy.
I recommend this Zulay Milk Frother and here's why!
- It works in seconds by housing a motor strong enough to froth milk in seconds.
- The stainless steel whisk is protected by a stainless steel stand that keeps the whisk protected when it's not in use.
- The whisk is easy to hold so your hand won't cramp.
- It comes in 22 different colors. Need I say more?
Fun Coffee Fact! - Brazil grows the most coffee in the world and produces close to a third of the world's supply. A third from one country.
Coffee canisters are a great way to store your coffee beans as it protects them from the great conundrum that is coffee storage. To keep the chemicals of coffee simple, your beans undergo some chemical changes that occur during the roasting process which causes them to release carbon dioxide even long after they're roasted. This can affect the taste of your beans if they're stored in an airtight container, which is why containers that allow this carbon dioxide buildup to release slowly are better for your beans.
Enter the Veken Coffee Canister. Here's what makes this canister awesome.
- The lid has a built-in breather valve that allows the slow release of that CO2 build-up so your coffee beans or grounds stay fresher longer.
- Stainless steel construction is durable enough for any kitchen.
- A scale line shows you how much coffee is remaining.
- The lid comes with a rotating date tracker so you can keep track of how long your coffee has been sitting inside.
Fun Coffee Fact! - Coffee beans are actually seeds that can be found at the heart of berries that grow on the Coffea plant. They vaguely resemble cherries or grape tomatoes!
I've already impressed upon you how great French presses are, but one of their downfalls is that the process is a little more involved than standard drip coffee and your grounds have to sit with their hot water for 4 minutes. This Bodum Travel Press combines the luxury of French press coffee and the convenience of coffee-on-the-go.
Here's what makes this travel mug awesome.
- 15 oz. holding capacity offers the perfect standard carrying size for your morning beverage.
- Vacuum sealed construction keeps your beverages hot or cold, depending on your taste.
- The press is easy to operate meaning you can press at your leisure after your allotted four minutes have passed.
- Stainless steel can withstand your daily wear and tear.
- Multi-use for either coffee or tea leaves!
Fun Coffee Fact! - Espresso means pressed out in Italian.
I've harped on enough about the magic that is the French press, but pour-over coffee is another method that yields unique and tasty results that differ from the standard drip coffee method. I'll keep the explanation brief but there are three different phases of pour-over coffee: wetting, dissolution, and diffusion, all of which can be controlled by you, which offers less consistency from cup-to-cup, but it can be a tasty science once you find out how to brew it properly. Here's a breakdown of each phase:
|Phases||What This Entails|
|Wetting||You pour coffee over the grounds, allowing just enough water to wet the grounds. Pause for 30 seconds to allow that pesky CO2 to escape. The grounds will expand, which is called a bloom.|
|Dissolution||Once the grounds are completely wet, the hot water dissolves the solubles in the beans' cells.|
|Diffusion||The newly dissolved solubles transport out of the grounds through the process of osmosis. The coffee drips into the bottom chamber.|
This creates a bright, crisp cup of coffee. I recommend this Bodum Pour-Over Coffee Maker and here's why!
- A permanent filter offers you an environmentally friendly way to enjoy your coffee.
- Removable cuff offers you protection from the hot water while making it easy to clean the filter.
- This comes in four different sizes to fit your coffee needs.
- Dishwasher safe for added convenience.
Fun Coffee Fact! - Coffee is the world's second-largest traded commodity, with crude oil being the first.
While pre-ground coffee beans can certainly make a good cup of coffee, freshly ground beans offer a cup of coffee that is fresher in both scent and flavor. The fantastic thing is that grinding up coffee beans can be ground up quickly and with minimal effort using this Manual Coffee Grinder. Here's what makes it awesome.
- Hand grinding won't produce excessive friction heat, which means you get the freshest coffee. The flavor of your cup won't be marred by any external factors.
- 4 adjustable levels means you can customize the coarseness of your grounds.
- Easy to turn crank means you won't be straining your hand to grind the coffee.
- Easy to rinse lids makes getting any errant coffee grounds from the grinder easy.
Fun Coffee Fact! - Beethoven loved coffee! It's said that he'd count out, specifically, 60 beans per cup.
While they won't brew you a cup of coffee, these socks are bound to make you or anyone walking towards you with your feet up smile. Or, if it doesn't make them smile, hopefully, it gets you a cup of coffee.
Why these Haute Soiree Socks are awesome.
- They're funny!
- They come in three different versions: bring me coffee, bring me chocolate, and bring me wine!
Fun Coffee Fact! - Coffee stays warmer 20% longer when you add cream to it because the heat has trouble dispersing within liquid with a higher viscosity.