Head over to the Creality downloads page.
- On the left side of the page, navigate to Ender Series > Ender-3 V2 3D Printer.
Do not select the original Ender 3. Make sure you select the V2.
- Find the download link for the "Latest Firmware." They will be Zip files containing the different firmware versions. As of this writing, they look like this:
Note that there are now two different firmware versions depending on whether your Ender 3 V2 is running the 4.2.2 motherboard or the quiet 4.2.7 motherboard.
- Choose the correct mainboard version.
- Unzip the file.
- Select the latest firmware.
If you have BLTouch installed on your Ender 3 V2, then make sure to select the firmware that says "BLTouch."
- Open the decompressed download file.
- Locate the
.binfile with the firmware update version, ex. V1.0.2.
- Move the
.binfile onto an empty MicroSD card.
- Safely eject the microSD card.
Make sure you begin these steps with the printer off.
- Plug your MicroSD card containing the update file into your Ender 3 V2.
- Turn on your Ender 3 V2.
The screen should go blank for a few seconds before booting up. This is normal.
- The Ender 3 V2 will boot up with the new firmware installed.
- Unplug your MicroSD card.
You're all done! Your firmware is now up to date.
This guide will show you how to install a bootloader and update the Marlin firmware on your Ender 3 or Ender 3 Pro.