Head over to the Creality downloads page.
- On the left side of the page, navigate to Ender Series > Ender-3 V2 3D Printer.
Do not select the original Ender 3. Make sure you select the V2.
- Find the download link for the "Latest Firmware." It will be a
.rarfile. As of this writing, it looks like this:
- Click the file to download the compressed package.
- Save the download somewhere easy to access.
- Open the decompressed download file.
- Locate the
.binfile with the firmware update version, ex. V1.0.2.
- Move the
.binfile onto an empty MicroSD card.
- Safely eject the microSD card.
Make sure you begin these steps with the printer off.
- Plug your MicroSD card containing the update file into your Ender 3 V2.
- Turn on your Ender 3 V2.
The screen should go blank for a few seconds before booting up. This is normal.
- The Ender 3 V2 will boot up with the new firmware installed.
- Unplug your MicroSD card.
You're all done! Your firmware is now up to date.