The allow calls on other devices feature is always in your settings. It's there waiting for you to use it if you choose to. However, if you want your devices to show up in the list of devices to forward calls to, then you need to make sure of the following:
- An activated carrier plan for the original device (the iPhone).
- All devices you wish to allow calls on for are signed in to the same Apple ID in Settings (iCloud).
- All devices are updated to the latest available version of iOS. iOS 8.1 or later is required, but if devices are on different iOS versions, you may run into trouble. Macs are required to have Yosemite or later, but may not be compatible with later versions of iOS when setting this feature up.
- All devices are signed in to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Mac Mini and Mac Pros require an external headset to use this feature.
Now that your settings are good to go, let's open the Settings app to get started!
Click "cellular," so that we can get the option to allow calls on other devices.
Click "calls on other devices," so that we can allow calls on other devices.
Click the toggle to the right of "allow calls on other devices" to allow calls on other devices.
Below "allow calls on other devices" there will be a list of the applicable devices that you can allow calls on. To the right of each device, you will see a toggle. This allows you to specify which devices use this feature, and which do not. Click the toggles to the right of the Apple devices you wish to use this feature with.
That's it! Now, try out the feature and tell us what you think! Remember, this feature allows the calls to go to all the devices with this feature turned on. It doesn't mean your original device, your iPhone, will not still ring.
Whether you've bought a new iPhone and need to switch out your SIM cards, got a new SIM card for your iPhone, or are doing some much-needed troubleshooting due to recent cellular service issues, you will need to be able to remove your SIM card. Unfortunately, removing a SIM can be tricky at times, especially if you have never removed your SIM card or don't consider yourself very tech-savvy. Don't be intimidated by the SIM removal process, I promise it is easier than it looks. All you need to properly remove your SIM card is your iPhone and a SIM removal tool. Every time you buy an iPhone it comes with a SIM removal tool, which looks a lot like a paperclip. A lot of iPhone users accidentally throw out this handy tool. If you no longer have a SIM removal tool, use a paperclip or the back of an earring. Do not try using anything sharp or easily breakable. Now that you have everything you need to remove your SIM card, let's get started!