Before connecting your Playstation 4 controller, you want to check your iPhone settings and make sure that you are set up for success. So, first, we want to follow these steps:
- Go to your home screen.
- Open the settings application. Usually, this app is in the "utilities" folder.
The setting we need to worry about here is Bluetooth. You will want to make sure Bluetooth is turned on before moving forward. Here's how:
- Click Bluetooth.
- Make sure Bluetooth is on (the toggle to the right of Bluetooth will be green).
It will also say, "on" or "off" to the right of the Bluetooth setting in settings (as pictured).
Once you are sure Bluetooth is on, you are ready to pair your Dualshock 4 controller. There are just a couple buttons you need to press down at the same time to put the controller into pairing mode. Here is how:
- Press and hold the ''share" button.
- At the same time, press and hold the "PlayStation" button.
- Hold them together for about four to five seconds, or until the light starts flashing.
Once the Playstation controller is in pairing mode, you have a window of time to connect the controller to your iPhone. This process is super easy. Here is how to get it done:
- Go back to your iPhone settings app.
- Click Bluetooth again.
- Select "DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller."
It will take a couple of seconds to connect, and then you will see the word "connected" to the right of the DualShock controller. You will also know it is connected because the Dualshock controller light will be pink.
Voila! That is literally it. Your controller is set up, and now you can play all your favorite games on mobile, but with your Playstation controller, you will have a serious one-up on all the competition.
Next: Read about the five best retro-inspired games on Apple Aracde.
With college semesters approaching right around the corner, it's more important than ever to be proactive in making sure you select the right product for you.