ASUS routers and modems can be reset to factory default settings using a web browser. You will need a device connected to the ASUS network. A computer or tablet will work fine.
- Open a web browser of your choice (Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- Navigate to
http://router.asus.comor use the IP address of your router in the address bar. The default IP address for ASUS devices is
- Log into your ASUS device. For help with this step, visit our guide on how to log in to an ASUS router
- Click Administration under the Advanced Settings panel.
- Go to the
- Choose Restore next to Factory default.
- Clicking OK will confirm the changes.
You can reset your ASUS router or modem with the factory reset button.
- Locate the button on the back of your ASUS device. If you're not sure which button to use, search online for a diagram of your ASUS device model. The official ASUS support page is a great place to start.
- While the router/modem is powered on, press and hold the Reset button for at least 5 seconds.
- When the LED starts to flash, let go of the button. The factory reset has been initiated.
ASUSASUS Router Login
Show all in the ASUS series