- Right-click the file or files you want and open with "Preview"
- Hit Command-A on your keyboard to select all the files
- Go to File and Export Selected Images
- Next, click the Options button at the bottom of the screen
- Change file format from HEIC to JPEG
- Choose destination for new files
- Click Choose
These are the steps to set up a nifty "Quick Action" that will make it easy to convert these in the future!
- Go to your Mac's "Automator," by searching for it in "Finder"
- Create a New Document
- Choose Quick Action
- At the top, choose "Workflow receives current image files in Finder
- In the search bar, search for "change type of images"
- Double-click or drag to workflow to add the action
- In the "Change Type of Images" box, change image type to JPEG
- Save as a memorable action name like "Convert to JPEG"
Now, you can right-click an image file or files in Finder to have it auto-converted to a JPG.